MAKING AND ADDING A CARD TO THE DISPLAYS
We welcome your card at the Terra City CARD DISPLAY. each card will be preseneted twice. First, on the card page as a graphic link to its own page. The link will show the name of the person who submits the card:
- I would appreciate it if the card is of reasonable size. For Square cards. 400 x 400 pixels, for tall cards 250 x 500 and for long cards about 500 x 300. This is so that when I size the card image on the card page, I can use some kind of reasonable shrink factor.
- The card ought to be in gif format unless it absolutlely needs to be otheriwse.
- If the card is to have a shape to it that is other than rectangular. then draw it on a bacground of all one color and then make the background transparent (that is why I want cards to be gif's). SEE THESE. Since GIFWorks has gone away, you will need a photo editor to do that. I have several, including and animated GIF maker as part of a SOFTWARE PACKAGE (it is large so it will take a while to download but it is a scratch-to-upload web building studio+). You don't have to be a John Dunaj or Elliott Swanson level pro at this. If you did. I'd be so far out of the running, I'd still be back in the twentieth century. But if you are a Da Vinci, bring it on.
- If you wish for background music. While I can't promise I will find it. I'll tryso let me know
- About content: the card should be relivent in appearance. We will not allow anything that is vulgar, lewd, obscene or hateful here.
- Send your card to space_patroller at verizon dot net. In the body of the email put any message text and the name you wish to use
- The cuttoff date is 5 days before the date of the event; for Christmas cards is Dec 21, If you come in later, I will try to sneak you in but I can not say for sure.